DesignBuilder SBEM is the fastest and easiest way to generate UK EPCs and Republic of Ireland BERs. It also allows you check building designs against Part-L2 of the England and Wales Building Regulations, Section 6 of Scottish Building Regulations, Part F in Northern Ireland and Part-L in Republic of Ireland.
DesignBuilder SBEM is an approved high productivity replacement for iSBEM.
DesignBuilder SBEM Highlights
Download a DesignBuilder EPC and Building Regulations information sheet.
DesignBuilder SBEM Competent Person Schemes
Become a DesignBuilder SBEM Competent Person through our DesignBuilder SBEM training courses . We offeri these through our training partnership with all the main Accreditation Schemes .
DesignBuilder SBEM gives you all the functionality you need to produce EPCs and Part L2 Compliance reports with minimum time and effort:
Produce EPCs for use in England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland and produce BERs in RoI. EPCs can be lodged to the National Landmark database through a number of Accreditation schemes.
Accredited Energy Assessors can generate EPCs and Building Regulation reports without a watermark.
Check building designs for compliance with Part-L2 Building Regulations (England & Wales), Section 6 (Scotland), Part-F (Northern Ireland) and Part-L (RoI).
Produce Building Regulations Compliance Reports for Building Control.
Import 2-D CAD floorplans, scanned paper drawings or 3-D CAD models.
Fast, accurate and reliable data entry using the state-of-the-art DesignBuilder 3-D modeller. Draw buildings in 3-D with blocks which can be copied, sliced, stretched and partitioned up into zones.
Internal arrangements of zones can be easily changed without having to redraw large sections of the model.
Constructions, glazing, lighting and HVAC data can be applied to multiple areas of the building in a single action using the powerful data inheritance function. This allows you to make global settings at building, block, zone levels.
- You can generate impressive rendered images and AVI movies of the building model at any time without any extra work (requires separate purchase of Visualisation module). These images can be valuable in client reports and presentations. Also 3-D DXF data can be exported for importing into other CAD programs.
- DesignBuilder SBEM calculations work from the same 3-D building model data as the other DesignBuilder modules. You can switch at any time between SBEM and Simulation modes to obtain the design performance data you require. So once you have finished your SBEM calculation you can generate overheating data (hours where the temperature is over 28ºC) to check the building against Criteria 3 of ADL2. You can readily investigate design alternatives to find cost-effective options giving the best overall performance. Click
here for more on DesignBuilder modelling and simulation features.
Enter data for constructions using any data that is available in 4
- Enter layers of materials and automatically calculate U-value and Km
using the approved calculation method.
- Enter known U-value and Km data, where using early stage U-value
estimates or if the data has been calculated in a external application
like the BRE U-value calculator.
- Select from a list of descriptions in the NCM library for existing
- Use the NCM Inference procedures for an existing building when you
only know the sector, age and construction type.
DesignBuilder Part-L2A Summary Report
Try it now!
DesignBuilder's uniquely easy workflow coupled to the latest SBEM and EnergyPlus calculation technology allows you to provide your customers with an excellent quality service on time and on budget. Here are three specific ways DesignBuilder can help keep your building design and assessment costs down:
Users find DesignBuilder quick to learn and easy to use, minimising staff training and on-going project costs while boosting productivity.
DesignBuilder manages data input in an efficient manner that reduces errors while also providing a 3-D visual image of the building which can be interrogated at the click of a button to check that all entries are correct.
Low up-front software purchase and maintenance costs give you access to the latest performance evaluation technology at a cost you can afford.
Download a free trial now