Miscellaneous DesignBuilder learning materials
- Program Help
- Simulation and CFD Training Guide
- Simulation and CFD Training Slides
- CFD Technical PowerPoint
- Getting Started and Overview
- Input/Output Reference
- Output Details and Examples
- Engineering Reference
- Auxiliary Programs
- All EnergyPlus Documentation
DesignBuilder-Based Teaching Materials
The following teaching materials were developed by Christoph Reinhart while working at Harvard GSD. He has now moved to MIT and the materials are publically available on the MIT website.
Thermal Analysis: An introduction to thermal simulations using DesignBuilder EnergyPlus for modeling the annual energy use of a building for heating, cooling and lighting. Development supported by the Harvard Provost Office.
- Tutorial I Getting Started
- Tutorial II Load Schedules
- Tutorial III Construction Assemblies Climate Analysis
Energy Simulation Game: Being able to read thermal simulation results and to adapt one's design accordingly has become an essential skill for graduating and practicing architects. This 90-minutes in-class exercise based on DesignBuilder EnergyPlus helps students to practice this skill. More >>
Click here for all related MIT teaching materials.